- The Modern Series are designed in England, and built by hand in the United States.
- These cabinets are built one at a time, on a custom-order basis. Please allow 10 to 15 working days for lead time.
- Made from 18mm Baltic Birch in 13ply.
- Convertible rear panels for open, semi-open, or closed-back performance.
- All handles are metal, side-mounted, and recessed.
- Your choice of Tolex
- Choose from black, white, or brown grill cloth or email us for other options.
- Choose from many speaker options from Eminence and Celestion. The most popular speakers are listed here but many more are available - email us for options.
- The Jackplate upgrade gives you a few options: in one position of the switch, the two inputs are at different ohm loads. example, if you have two 8ohm speakers, one input will be parallel 4ohms, and the other input series 16ohm. The other position of the switch isolates the two inputs, one 8ohm speaker to each input. This would be for players with stereo effects and stereo amp set ups, or those who use two heads and a switcher into one cab with two speakers.
Reviews Hide Reviews
Amazing cabinet. Unheard of customer service.
After extensive research I decided on the modern 212 and could not be more satisfied! The cabinet is extremely well built and the quality and attention to detail is above par(hats off to guys in the shop). The covertable closed/semi/open system gives this cab great flexibility. I ordered my cab with a very specific covering not available in the shop and Doug was able to find it for me!( he sent pics after recieving the material to be certain and i was able to obtain extra with my order to cover my amp head as well). The turn around time was also impressive for a custom order. My cabinet arrived 6 business days later after confirming covering very well packed. Doug followed up after delivery as well!(who does that nowadays?). I could go on and on about the qualty of the product and professionalism of Doug and Jet City......... Bottom line. LOOK NO FURTHER!!
The best 2x12 cab your money can buy. Hands down.
I have been playing guitar for over 10 years, and this is the most solidly built and customizable guitar amp cab I have ever seen, played, and owned! The price is outstanding for its construction and what it offers. I am running this cab through a JCA20HV and an extensive pedal board, and it delivers extremely solid and reliable tone and functionality. Built like a tank! The only criticism I have (and it is extremely minor), is that since you are custom ordering this cab, and because it is hand built, the wait time is approx. 3-5 weeks. However, it is WELL worth the wait. Jet City and Doug White deserve all the recognition in the world for what they offer. I would gladly repurchase both the JCA20HV and the Modern 212 again if anything were to happen to them.
Stands up to cabs at any price point.
Ordered a 212 with a k100/v30 mix, and I would put this cab up against anything on the market at any price point.
This cab has exceeded all expectations I had! I got the Eminence CV-75 speakers, and I already love them so much more than Vintage 30's. The cabinet construction is flawless, and it feels even sturdier than an Orange PPC. After only 8-10 hours of play time the speakers sound pretty broken in. There's no harsh ice pick, just meaty midrange grit, and solid tight lows. I have not tried it with the semi open back, but it looks promising. I have no complaints at all! It's a great looking and great sounding cab!
Very well built cabs
Modern 212 cab from Whitebox best 212 cabinet glad i went with this company just blown away with the quality love it !! Thank you Whitebox for the great service.
I could not have asked for better service. Doug was more than welcoming to answer any and all of my questions. The cab build is fantastic. Sturdy, awesome craftsmanship, looks fantastic, sounds fantastic. The cab looks along the lines of an orange cab but maybe not AS wide around the edges. Overall the best looking cab I've ever owned and I've owned a lot. If I need another this is where I'm coming. Thanks again guys!
turkey very sausage
this cab is awesome. took ten days short of a month from placing the order for it to get here... i suppose the wait was worthwhile though. the amp looks fresh and (with two Celestion V30S) sounds nice , clear tones, and loud with a 50w head. Doperds!
Best cab I've ever used
I ordered a custom 2x12 red tolex with silver grill, jack plate upgrade and special order Eminence Swamp Thangs (150 watts a piece! [300 total watts!!]). Aside from a construction mishap (I ordered wheels but they didn't put them on the cab), I am 100% satisfied with the sound and overall construction of the cab! Even though they didn't include my wheels Doug worked with me and we resolved the issue. Great service, fast shipping and the BEST sounding cab I've ever heard/used!